Winners Interview on the Chai Time Data Science Podcast
In this episode of the CTDS podcast, I was interviewed along with my fellow CTDS contest winner Ms. Vrinda Prabhu, by Sanyam Bhutani. We talk about a variety of topics like getting into kaggle, our competition submissions and our experience with the podcast.
Leveraging Data for Social Good
In this talk, I provide a detailed explanation about how my team and I visited a rural settlement in Northern India and used data science to diagnose their issues with inconsistent water distribution and proposed a sustainable solution to improve their lives. The talk was organized by Meetup Madness and it was great fun to be a part of their family!
Introducing DataSwissKnife at DSC-OMG
In this talk, my team and I presented our project, DataSwissKnife(A tool to help with data science operations) on the online event DSC-OMG organized by the Developer Student Club Initiative. We represented DSC-ASEB and were amongst the 10 projects selected from all the projects done by DSCs across India! In the talk, we provide an overview of our tool, the need for it, the installation instructions and finally a demo to showcase its working.
Work in Building the Data Science Community at College
As Secretary of the CSE Departmental Forum at ASE-B (FACE)
- Organized a data-driven wing within the forum that was responsible for collecting, managing and analysing data of active participants in the forum’s activities
- Was able to improve average participant turnout per event from the previous year by 55%
- Surveys and questionnaires helped understand what kind of events and topics interested the community more
- Conceptualised a uniform way of data collection and transfer within the forum
- Creating the Python Beginner’s Guide
- A response to the high demand for a Python tutorial from the forum
- Co-authored a Beginner’s Guide for Python with [Rahul N Kamath, Co-sec of the Forum]
- 200+ unique users
- Used as supplementary material for the Deep Learning and Neural Networks course at ASE-B
- Click here for the Guide
- Click to view the 2018-19 Report for FACE
As Mentor of the Data Science SIG at ASE-B (ACM Student Chapter)
- Teach basic concepts of statistics, data science and machine learning to freshers and sophomores
- Working on data science projects ranging from data cleaning to data analysis to predictive modelling
- Selected Sessions
Articles Written on Medium
I do publish some of my writing on Medium. These articles can be found here.